St. Rose of Lima Catholic School is united in the Holy Eucharist to serve God and each other with humility and love. We embrace cultural diversity with a passionate commitment to our Catholic faith, family and academic excellence so all students may reach their God-given potential.
PHILOSOPHY & GOALS
The purpose of St. Rose of Lima Catholic School (SRL) is to provide a quality education in a Christ-centered environment and to work with families to build a faith community dedicated to fostering the Christian ideals of love, patience, and understanding. The school works to help our students develop their full potential spiritually, intellectually, physically and socially, while leading them to discover and use their God-given talents, which will help them to meet the challenges of our changing society.
We believe each member of the St. Rose of Lima community has a duty to nurture the Gospel values of honesty, sincerity, responsibility, loyalty, cooperation and respect for authority. These values will enable our students to develop their self-esteem, make mature and moral decisions, and become responsible, contributing citizens.
We seek to achieve these objectives through an on-going cooperative relationship with the parents, teachers, and through the curriculum – all ultimately rooted in the Roman Catholic Church and its principles.
Our primary goals are:
- To develop an awareness of God’s love within each child and an understanding of his/her role within the Church through daily prayer, religious instruction and sacred liturgies held by the individual classes or the entire school community.
- To encourage leadership qualities, decision-making skills, and responsibility towards oneself and others.
- To provide opportunities for each student to work with his/her teachers and peers for the development of meaningful personal relationships, human communication, Christian virtues and service, and leadership through classroom activities and extra-curricular programs.
- To implement and monitor programs that encourage and provide opportunities for students to become involved in family, parish, school or community-based service activities.
- To develop each student’s capacity for moral reasoning; for comprehending the possible consequences of their actions and accepting responsibilities for those actions; and for identifying the level of morality of the people that live with them and influence them.
- To advocate family participation in the education process by promoting active parent involvement in their child’s academic, social and spiritual growth.
- To provide stimulating academic opportunities through the development of a course of studies made available by the Diocese and State Department of Education, so that the child’s placement in our highly technical society will be made with confidence and ease.
- To employ a professional and creative teaching staff dedicated to providing a safe, civil and caring environment in which each child is encouraged to learn and grow.
- To meet the needs of each child by identifying his/her individual differences, accepting their unique abilities, and providing effective learning programs tailored to their specific learning styles.
- To enhance each child’s appreciation for cultural events and the arts through field trips, special programs and activities, and to extend their interest and concern beyond themselves and into society.